As of right now, I've made $567.55 profit from my purchases. That is roughly a 22% profit. Of course, we've had a bit of a bull run the last couple of weeks, so I can't really take credit. Although I was at least responsible for looking at the histories of the stock prices. For example, the price that I bought Microsoft for hasn't been seen since 1997... so I'd like to think I know a good deal when I see one. :)
I finished an audiobook by Peter Lynch called A Beginner's Guide to the Basics of Investing last week. The reviews on Amazon agreed it was "basic." Boy, that's the word. The most advanced thing he covered was defining the p/e ratio, and 99% of the material wasn't that technical. If it was too basic for me, it is probably too basic for just about anyone.
So my question is now... do I sell my current stocks and keep my nice $550 profit and invest in something new, or stay with them for the long haul? The truth is, I think I can't go wrong with these long term, but I want to make more money now and I have pretty much nothing left to invest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment